COVID-19 Golf Rules & Modifications
Please help us remain open for play by adhering to the following COVID-19 rules and modifications established by Governor Pritzker’s Executive Order and the Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity.
PHASE 3 MODIFICATIONS
- Following CDC recommendations and guidelines DGGC will be requiring all guests and staff to wear a face mask when entering the clubhouse. Masks do not need to be worn on the golf course during the round.
- Routine cleaning, sanitation, and disinfection of all locations, especially commonly touched surfaces, will be done frequently throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer use will be encouraged and readily available to all customers.
- Modifications to bathroom stalls to minimize contact have been done.
- Plastic sneeze guards have been installed to create a barrier between the guest and staff during checkout.
- All golf carts and pull carts will be thoroughly sanitized after each use. Disinfectant will be applied to all contact areas of carts.
- Instructors will be required to wear a mask anytime they come within six feet of a student.
- Foursomes with 10 minute tee time intervals to create spacing between tee times and diminish backups on the course.
- Gas carts available with single riders – members of the same household will be allowed to ride together.
- Driving range capacity has been diminished to create additional spacing between guests.
- Indoor seating has been removed from the clubhouse with additional outdoor seating being added spaced out for social distancing.
- Leave the pin in the cup. A small device has been attached to the bottom of the flag stick to assist in the removal of your golf ball from the hole. You will be able to use your putter to extract the ball eliminating contact.
- Please rake any bunkers with your feet or club. To minimize contact, rakes will not be in the bunkers. Feel free to place your ball in the bunker for a good lie, or take a free drop outside of the bunker.
- When your round has concluded, please return any golf or pull carts to their designated area to be cleaned. Please throw away any trash left in the cart – this includes scorecard, pencil, tees, etc. Thank you!
- Remember social distancing practices and stand six feet away from your playing partners at all times. So, no more handshakes at the 18th green. No high-fives or even fist bumps after a great shot or a birdie. Maybe a bow, salute or a thumbs-up instead.
Tee Time Reservations & Payments:
- Tee time reservations and payments must be made online at downersgrovegolfclub.org. (Reservations open starting April 28)
- Players shall be grouped in twosomes.
- Resident rates will apply to all players:
- $20 Monday to Thursday
- $22 Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- Senior rate is available Monday to Thursday. After reserving online at regular rate, call 630.963.1306 to have your payment adjusted.
- Tee times are scheduled 15 minutes apart to prevent groups from gathering at first tee.
- Arrive at the first tee no more than 5 minutes before your scheduled tee time.
- No golf carts may be used on course, except for individuals with a physical disability or physical limitations (proof required via Persons with Disabilities Certification Parking Placard).
- Only privately-owned pull carts may be utilized.
- Driving range and putting greens will remain closed.
- Clubhouse and Pro Shop will remain closed.
- Food and beverage service is unavailable.
- Portlets will be available near the 6th green; cleaning will occur once an hour.
- No benches or tables will be available.
- Cups will be elevated.
- Any players with any symptoms of COVID-19, should not play.
- In addition, any players from a household with someone with symptoms of COVID-19 should not play.
- Golfers must walk and carry own clubs; no caddies.
- Bring your own supply of balls, tees, ball markers, and any other equipment needed to play golf.
- Adhere to social distancing on tees, greens, and throughout the course and parking lot. Congregating is prohibited.
- Golfers should pick up their own ball.
- Handle your own scorecard.
- Bring your own water/sports drink, towel and snack. No outside alcohol permitted.
- Do not use the public drinking fountain or ball cleaner.
- Leave the flag in place while putting.
- Sort out the sand in the bunker with a club.
- Put on your golf shoes at your vehicle.
- Bring hand sanitizer with you and use during your round and at the end.
- No handshakes at the beginning or end of the round.